Charles Bridge (Stone Bridge, Karlův most) – Prague
Motherland Tour II/ Czech Republic
Charles Bridge is a stone Gothic bridge that connects the Old Town and Lesser Town (Malá Strana). It was actually called the Stone Bridge (Kamenný most) during its first several centuries. Its construction was commissioned by Czech king and Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV and began in 1357. 30 Baroque statues of religious figures line the bridge, however these are replicas and the originals may be seen on the National Museum.